The 2017 CityCamp NC technology conference speaker line-up is quickly coming together. One of our goals this year is to highlight the power of open data and its critical role in improving and transforming our communities. And for the first time ever, we will have a mega-lightning talk on open data.
What is a mega-lightning talk? We’re going to give the main lightning talk stage to four open data program managers to hear about the state of open data. The catch is, they’ll only have 20-minutes. Essentially, our mega-lightning talk is 1 topic with 4 speakers in 20 minutes.
Our evening of lightning talks is one of the most popular parts of our CityCamp NC program. The speakers will offer us inspiration, insights, and share lots of information in a short amount of time. Each speaker will get five minutes, yes, only five minutes to share their topic. This will be the fastest hour at CityCamp NC and it’s our chance to start trending on Twitter using #CityCampNC. Warm up your tweeting thumbs and get ready for the kickoff to CityCamp NC on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm. Doors open at 5:30 pm at Cannon Room @ HQ Raleigh (16 West Martin Street).
We have gathered an amazing group of speakers with a variety of topics including STEM engagement, creative communities and storytelling, improving digital digital inclusion, and more! We hope you’ll join us Thursday, September 28 for the free event that is open to the public, registration is required so we can plan accordingly. Food and beverages will be provided. We hope you’ll join us for what’s sure to be an amazing evening geeking out with your fellow citizen hackers.
CityCamp NC mega-lightning talk
- The State of Open Data – Bonnie Brown, Daniel Dunn, Sam McClenney, Ben Strauss
CityCamp NC lightning talks
- NC Reentry Resources Hub and Brigade Collaboration – Jason Marshall
- Creative communities and the power of storytelling – Jonathan Opp
- STEM Engagement: Hey you!! – Dr. Sarah Windsor
- There’s a Fee For That?: A Case Study in Building a Public-Facing Application – Peter Elbaum
- Environmental Health and Safety Director / Innovation Partner – Andre Pierce / Bill Scanlon
- Improving Digital Inclusion through Design Thinking in the City of Raleigh – Linda Graham Jones
- Innovate Durham, A Public-Private Innovation Partnership – Ben Kittelson
- Using Open Data to Build News Tools & Products – Ryan Thornburg
- Hacking Government Innovation – K. Melissa Kennedy
CityCamp NC featured presentations
For those of you deciding if you should attend on Friday, September 29, for our full day, here’s a sneak peek at the morning line-up before the unconference part of the event.
- Keynote presentation: Participatory urbanism: from built environment to open data – Stephen Larrick
- Featured public sector and private sector panel: Smart Cities Panel – Moderator Bill Greeves
- Featured Code for NC project: NC Reentry Resources Hub: A Journey From 1 to 100 Counties – Eric Jackson & Jason Marshall
- Emcee – Ginny Ghezzo